Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"I So Lucky"

These are the words Tetyana told me last night while she was watching and questioning me about washing my face. Here is our conversation:



Tetyana: "Mommeeeee, I so lucky I live in Amerrrica now." (Rolling the r's in America)

Me: "Yea, what makes you so lucky?"

Tetyana: "I always want 2 dogs and here I have 2 dogs."

Me: "Did you know anyone in Ukraine that had dogs at their house?"

Tetyana: "No. I so lucky be-cause (a new word for her) I want mom and dad and I have you. I so lucky be-cause I want big house and I live here. I love, love, love Amerrrica"

Me: "We are so lucky because we found you!"

They tell adoptive parents to never expect your child to say "Hey, thanks for adopting me and taking me from the conditions I was in." But this was pretty damn close!

2 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

What a sweetheart!

Isn't it nice to hear that she's so happy?

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Our daughter told us many times during our first months home how much she appreciated us coming to get her. She said her mother just let her stay in the orphanage and never came to see her, but we came and brought her to America. She is wise beyond her years in some ways. That's not to say we still don't have our moments of pouting, etc:)

Our Family Photo's