
On Friday we went to Caladesi Island to do a little shell hunting. Coach Mark kept telling us how many sand dollars he heard were on these beaches and all any of us could think about was finding sand dollars!! Before lunch we hunted up and down one side of the beach and didn't find one sand dollar. We got a tip from another shell hunter that we were headed the wrong way, so after lunch we started down the opposite side of the beach.
Luke was the first to start finding sand dollars and the next thing I knew everyone had some but me! I was dead set that I was going to find a sand dollar if it meant missing the ferry back! They were pretty tricky to find but once you found one you could spot them right away. Here is how they looked in the ocean...
see it there in the center of the photo? I ended up finding about 6 sand dollars and can't wait to hang one of them on our Christmas tree when we decorate it!
see it there in the center of the photo? I ended up finding about 6 sand dollars and can't wait to hang one of them on our Christmas tree when we decorate it!












No comments:
Post a Comment