Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun!!

What a fun weekend we all had! Saturday we were invited to go to the lake with the Pool family on their boat. You should have seen Tetyana's eyes when we got there! She was so excited and jumped right in. I am not sure if Luke was trying to explain what boating was or if he was purposely trying to scare Tetyana but she was a little nervous before we left. She kept asking if we were going to "buckle up" or not. We explained to her it was really, really fun. We pass a lake nearly every time we drive somewhere and she has asked if you can go swimming in it. She was very surprised when we told her you could. We left out the alligator part!!



As you can see by the pictures she had a great time. She even wanted to go faster when they were riding the tube. Can you just imagine being her? She probably has never seen a boat much less ever thought she would ride on one!

One of the best things that goes along with the lake and boating is all of the junk food. Tetyana feasted on chips, cookies, soda and a ton of fruit. This was probably the best part of her day! The girl can eat!! I did my best to let go of worrying about only eating good food for the day. I think in one of the pictures you can see the orange Cheetos on her mouth. She loved them...who doesn't?

Drew and I got to take a ride too on the tube and it was the kids mission to have us thrown off. The ride got pretty crazy and a couple of times I was sure we were going over. We hung on though for a good amount of time before we flew off. What a blast!! I had forgotten what a great time being on a boat was. I grew up on the lake or the river water skiing and jet skiing. That is how we spent our summers and are some of my best childhood memories.

Thanks Pool family for being part of some great memories for Tetyana and our entire family!!

No comments:

Our Family Photo's