I am feeling incredibly lucky right now! I have been reading a few adoption blogs about families that are in Ukraine right now searching for their children. Things are much different than they were just 3 months ago. Younger, healthy children (younger than 8) are very hard to come by. Families are there waiting for 2nd and 3rd appointments and still coming home without children.
We were so lucky. We walked into the SDA and found our daughter. It was easy. Then we met her and knew instantly she was the girl for us. Maybe it is adoption amnesia or our process compared to many others was just easy. I think part of it was just fate....she was meant to be ours.
Some days I wonder why on Earth we even have kids...they make huge messes, argue with us, fight with each other and then they do something that makes you so damn proud you are brought to tears and you remember why they are in your life. Ok, for Drew I have to sometimes explain it to him a bit more but in the end I think he gets it too! LOL
I guess I just needed to acknowledge how truly blessed we really are!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
I feel the same way some days. But I then realize, like you, we were totatlly meant to be.
We all have those days.
Post a Comment