Can you tell the kids aren't home? I am getting caught up here!! Thanks Paula and Clay for taking the kids for ice cream! Here is a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that has been going on:
Tetyana's Teeth:
We have Tetyana's oral surgery all set up. We have put it off as long as we think we can. I am so petrified she is going to eat something sticky and pull out one of those weird Ukrainian fillings or crack a tooth and we will have an emergency situation. It looks like our health insurance will pick up the hospital portion so that is a major relief! Her surgery is set for October 2nd. She will need a physical before she goes so I figured we would do her last set of immunizations and kill 2 birds with one stone! Poor girl!
She also lost her first tooth since being home. She was eating an apple and the tooth became very loose. She continued to wiggle it and when she was brushing her teeth before bed, it popped out. She was thrilled to see it in her hand. She says she doesn't remember loosing teeth in Ukraine which seems so strange since she has lost 6. Maybe the dentist pulls them???
The tooth fairy (Aka mommy and Luke) waited for her to fall asleep before she tip toed into her room. She is such a light sleeper and seems so skeptical of the whole Santa/Tooth Fairy/Easter Bunny thing, I thought for sure she would be faking sleep. We took her tooth and replaced it with goodies and sprinkled her with fairy dust.
In the morning when I woke her for school she immediately reached under her pillow. She had woken up in the night and put her dollar coin in her piggie bank! I have a feeling she wasn't asleep when we went in. I so wanted her to have the whole experience before she finds us out. Pretty unrealistic but we still wanted her to experience the magic of it all.
School
They both have settled into school great. They love their teachers and so do I! Since they both have IEP's, I have remained in constant contact with the school so they don't drop the ball. They haven't and I am pleasantly surprised at how efficient and well organized things have gone. They are even considering Luke for the gifted program! They just want to make sure he can handle the work load once he comes back into the classroom after missing a day.
Luke's EEG
Luke had to have his bi-annual EEG for his head injury. He has been taking anti seizure medications for the last year. We were really hoping if we took him off the meds his EEG would still come back normal. It did! We are so relieved it came back normal and for now he can remain off the medication.
I think these last few posts have summed up the last couple of weeks....
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
So glad to hear Luke can be off his meds, yeah!!
I can not imagine the days of lost teeth! Yuck! That will be one Kevin will have to take over, LOL!
I am sure Tetyana "got" it and will love the next tooth fairy visit. Just wait till Santa comes!! Woooo hoooo!
Post a Comment