After a few weeks of telling Sage to stop chewing on her hair I have cut it off! I told her that if she kept putting her hair in her mouth, I would cut it up to her ears. When she kept doing it, I suggested she put it in a ponytail all the time...that lasted about 2 days and her hair was down and in her mouth. Drew couldn't figure out what was the big deal. I simply think it is a very gross habit. I think all girls do it.
So one day I was talking with her and she had a big chunk of hair in her mouth. Did I really want to cut her hair? No. But I have to follow through. She cried and begged which made it that much harder! I reassured Drew that I was not going to cut it to her ears but just take off about 4 inches. I am sure the entire time she was thinking "You are the meanest mommy in the world!".
But when we were all done and she looked at herself I think she really liked it! We really took off all of the old hair. It looks so much healthier now! It is still long enough to get to her mouth and I have seen it in her mouth several times. I keep telling her that I will cut it to her ears!











2 comments:
I think I sucked on my long hair until I was ten...She will grow out of it after all her friends tease her when she gets older. Cute "do" however!
I would have done the same thing! Haley keeps biting her nails and I am thinking of buying that growse tasting stuff to get her to stop. I am sure she will think I am the meanest Mommy too:)Oh well!
I like Sage's hair!
Post a Comment