What a funny story this is....I went to our bank and told the teller I needed to order $XXX in new bills. She said "there is only one reason we can order new cash, can you tell me what that reason is?". I said "adoption". She smiled and said I got it right! It was like I was a spy and was telling her the code word!!! It was all I could do not to crack up! So they ordered the cash and it came in yesterday. Luke is already wondering if he can have a brand new hundred dollar bill....uh, no!!!
The boys are going to a Magic basketball game tonight courtesy of our friends Mike and Teresa (thanks guys). I will be unpacking our suitcases to see what I can unload. I know I am so over packed....isn't it our nature to over pack as a woman?
I got our internet connection thingy yesterday from AT&T. I have heard it works well in Ukraine. It will save us from going to the internet cafe's with all of the teenaged boys who are playing war games on the internet! It was really fun to explain the process to the girl who was helping me at AT&T.
Our friends Drew and Rita got a second appointment for tomorrow with the SDA. I am thrilled for them and know they will find the perfect child for their family.
Other families that are over there are getting pretty quick court dates. This is helpful in terms of the amount of time it will take to complete the adoption and come home. Check out Jason and Beth's blog (on the sidebar). They have posted pictures of their childs groupa (kids who are in their orphanage). I want to take them all home! They are just beautiful!! I asked Beth if she could put a couple in her suitcase for us!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
I have been reading your blog. I am amazed at how much you have done
and still have to do for this adoption. You are amazing! It's like
you're the CEO of your own international company! I can't imagine a
mom-to-be being more prepared.
That's it. I just wanted to let you know that I have a whole new
respect for you. Not that I didn't think you were incredible before,
but this takes it to a new level. I hope you have the perfect
adoption! Easy, uneventful, memorable...everything you want it to
be. But, most of all, I hope your daughter is all you have imagined.
I hope she's healthy and happy. I hope she is waiting for you and
dreaming of you right now, just as you have been dreaming of her.
Too corny? Sorry! I am just thrilled for you and I had to spill it!!
Hugs,
Shawn
Post a Comment