Every once in awhile Drew comes home with some advice someone has given him about foreign travel or something pertaining to our trip....it feels so great for me to tell him I have already done it. I really feel on top of it. Ask me in a month how I feel! We are packed and only have a few things left to do:
*buy a cell phone and SIM card that will work in Ukraine
*finish list for Paula in case something happens while we are away (i.e. sprinklers all break)
*order brand new cash for the adoption
*get Luke's school work together
*contact credit card companies
*contact bank
*update our will
I know I have over packed but luckily besides the clothes, and
maybe after wearing them day after day I will throw them away, we will use everything there or donate it (medicines). Our load will get lighter as the trip goes on. I have packed a lot of snacks. I am a little worried that Luke will not eat. He does very well here and will try just about anything..This picture is him eating squid when he was 5. I guess I am just being a mom!
maybe after wearing them day after day I will throw them away, we will use everything there or donate it (medicines). Our load will get lighter as the trip goes on. I have packed a lot of snacks. I am a little worried that Luke will not eat. He does very well here and will try just about anything..This picture is him eating squid when he was 5. I guess I am just being a mom!We have decided to keep her room as it is right now (it was our guest room). The colors are lavendar so it is feminine. We will put some stuffed animals on the bed and maybe add some other pillows. Depending on her age once we are home we will let her pick. I had bedding purchased but took it back. I don't want to jinx anything. Maybe it is our history that keeps me scared. I can't imagine doing an entire room and coming home childless. That is my head speaking...my heart tells me everything is going to work out the way we want it to.
On a whole other note....Luke tried out for Little League last weekend and
the drafts were Friday night. We are so excited that his coach and great friend, Mark was able to pick him this season as well. We teased that we would send Luke in a pink baseball helmet and have him blow the try out so Mark would get him for sure. I think us missing 6 games while we are away was helpful. So this last 30 days will be filled with baseball....as a family we love it!
the drafts were Friday night. We are so excited that his coach and great friend, Mark was able to pick him this season as well. We teased that we would send Luke in a pink baseball helmet and have him blow the try out so Mark would get him for sure. I think us missing 6 games while we are away was helpful. So this last 30 days will be filled with baseball....as a family we love it!











No comments:
Post a Comment