Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Birth Parent Search

After some discussion and a few conversations with Tetyana we have decided we want to search for her birth parents. She says she wants to tell her mom that she is "okay and happy". We want to tell her parents that we have her here in America, love her to death and promise to always take care of her.

I am hoping someone out there in blog land will have a referral for us. At first I didn't think it would be possible considering the circumstances but Tetyana has given us quite a bit of information that I think could help us find her. Please email me if you know someone that could help...

7 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Michelle,
We have not done a search yet, but I think we will before long. There are 2 names I've seen mentioned quite a bit with positive comments:

Gene Sagin
His email: kadetsa@rambler.ru

Ruslan ?
Email for more info: anna@internationaladoptionsearch.com (go to that URL to read some too)

Best of luck with that. Let me know what you decide to do.

The Flying Eagle said...

I have seen several blogs that have done this.....
http://dovefamily07.blogspot.com/
http://itsagirlseyler.spaces.live.com/
These are the 2 most recent I have seen. Everyone seems to have great responses and very pleased with the outcomes. We too plan to do this simply to honor the people the give us such a wonderful gift. Good luck!

April Bethea said...

You've got mail. :)

Diana said...

We just did one through Gene Sagin. We were pretty pleased with him, although he wasn't able to find as much info as we were hoping for. But what he did find is worth gold. His contact info is on our blog (in my profile.)

Amy said...

HI Michelle!
I have always heard good things about Gene and Ruslan. You can also contact Life2Orphans - they sometimes have folks in Ukraine who can assist with searches (and their fees tend to be less). You might also want to contact your facilitator - they may have a good reference for you - or be able to do it!
Good luck!
Amy

adoptedthree said...

I used Gene Sagin and it was worth every penny. The information is invaluable and the pictures made me cry! I posted some of the boys pictures of their searches on my blog in May. The actual information I received about the mothers etc..I did not give out because I feel it is personal to my son's but I have something I never had for eight years...closure. Now I know who and what and where. No more wondering. My only regret is that I can't locate my daughters BM as the information is probably completely false.

Feel free to email me for more info at boomerseyler@yahoo.com

Leanna

Leslie said...

Hi! We were wondering if you decided to useGene Sagin for thte bio-birth search. We're considering using his services and were wondering what your experience was like.

Our Family Photo's