Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our New Ballerina



Before school started we began asking around for a good dance studio for Tetyana to take some dance classes. I wanted her to take ballet for her posture and jazz for fun, but thought with school and all of Luke's activities, 2 classes a week may be too much for her. We got her signed up for a jazz class and she began counting down the days until it started. The day before it was supposed to start, I called to see if her leotard had come in yet. They informed me that we had been the only family to sign up for this particular dance class and they were cancelling this class. We decided to go for our second choice and put her in ballet. The first class was beginning in 5 minutes! So she missed the first week and was totally bummed out.
Finally, her day had come and she was thrilled to be going to dance. This would be the first activity that was just for her. She proudly put on her leotard and headed into class. Turns out she knew two of the girls in her class! One of the girls is in her class at school and the other she met at a birthday party. This made the class even better!
She looked like a natural. She has a little dancer body....long legs and neck. My goal was to post some video of her and I allowed Luke to take the video...let's just say the video didn't turn out very good! We saw more of the floor and ceiling than we did of Tetyana! Next class I will take control of the camera!
In the middle of the class the teacher lets the girls have some fun and do a "jazz break". Tetyana really loves this part (I knew she would have loved the jazz class). They get to cut loose and listen to some fun music.
This week the teacher is on vacation! Poor Tetyana, she is so sad that there isn't any class this week. I can't wait to watch her learn more and really become a dancer not to mention the recital next spring!


1 comment:

Kathy and Matt said...

She does look like a natural ballerina. Beautiful!

Glad she's enjoying it!

Our Family Photo's