So, it's been awhile and so much has happened and nothing has happened at all. I am not really sure what to blog in regards to why I went missing but I can tell you it has changed my life. I am thinking of starting a blog about my own thoughts but for now I will catch up up on the family.




The last time we "saw" the family was right after Thanksgiving. Christmas was coming quickly and the kids were very excited. Tetyana had absolutely no idea what was going to happen but knew there were gifts and food involved and this made her thrilled!
Over time we have collected several ornaments as our family has grown. We have gone from being a newly married couple to a family of three and this year a family of four. Drew knew I wanted to get an ornament that had all of our names printed on it for Tetyana to hang on the tree and without knowing what each other was doing we went on the same day and purchased ornaments with each of our names on them. It was perfect because both of the kids were able to hang one on the tree.




It has been hard adopting an older child when you have a biological child already because she understands that she hasn't always been here. There is a history with the bio child and it is everywhere Tetyana turns. I don't want Tetyana to feel like she is an outsider but I don't want Luke to be deprived of talking about the memories we have shared. As we unpacked all of the Christmas stuff we found a lot of personalized decorations. Tetyana was very jealous. Rationally she knows why but in her heart I think she wishes she had been born into our family also. She often tells me she wishes she were in my tummy too.
Baking is something I do every year. I ship homemade goodies along with the gifts we send. The kids had lots of fun helping. Here is a sample of cookies we made. They are supposed to be teddy bears but Luke wanted to make a moustache on his and T wanted to make hers a cat. I am pretty anal so having them both in the kitchen with me was very challenging but something I really wanted to do with them.

To be continued......











3 comments:
I am so happy you posted!
Lisa
I've missed your blog, I'd been checking in periodically. So glad to see new posts and pictures. Email me or message me on facebook sometime and let me know the latest on Georgia!
Jenn
Love the cookies! I can see how adopting and older child who can understand what she has missed could be tough on her. Luckily though, T is making memories daily and next year she will have lots of memories to look back on. How amazing! So glad to have you back!
Post a Comment