Monday, September 21, 2009

Really???

The news just reported that there is not going to be any school tomorrow...

When we moved to Portland the Oregonians told us that it only snowed there every 5-7 years. It snowed there every single year we were there!!! As a matter of fact, there was a major ice storm in January of 2004 that shut down the entire city and left us without power for 3 days. A couple of weeks after that we went to Orlando on vacation and ended up staying for an extra week because we really liked the weather in January...it was 75 degrees! Hey, why don't we move here?? Great idea.

Fast forward 6 months and what do you know....there are 5 hurricanes in Florida. We were told by the Floridians that Central Florida never gets hit with hurricanes! The worst part about it was, Luke and I went through 4 of them alone because Drew was still in Portland! After about the 3rd one I was so over it! I didn't even get extra gas or water!! Luke was trying to get used to kindergarten and they kept canceling school!

And now here we are in Atlanta and we are experiencing some extreme weather! They say they have not seen rain and flooding like this since Hurricane Ivan. Lucky us!!

At first I thought it was perfect....Luke was home sick and the weather was yucky but now I am just sick of it! We have been trapped in the house since last Wednesday night.

I don't think it is us....right?? Global warming for sure!!

4 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

No, the weather is following you. We are in Seattle and had the BEST summer ever! LOL!

Shari said...

I don't want to rub it in, but here in Portland we have been having wonderful weather this fall. Into the 90's even!!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Shari

Shana said...

Yes, global warming for sure! I can' believe you have had such bad weather. LOL, it has been fine in Orlando. Go figure!

Traci said...

OK, don't move to our city :))))) We don't need any tornados! Tee! Hee! Hope ya'll are doing well!

Our Family Photo's