Saturday, April 12, 2008

What A Nightmare!!

Well if it weren't for my dear, dear friend Shawn we would be stuck in New York tomorrow until Tuesday. I am sending every prayer that she will schmooz the heck out of Jet Blue and get us to Ft. Myers tomorrow night so we can make the 3 hour drive back to Orlando. If all goes as we hope, pray and beg we should be home by 4 am Monday morning!

A word of advice to PAP's, don't use a travel agent to book your adoption trip!!!! Be in control of your travel plans and know exactly what is refundable or changable. What we have gone through in the past 3 hours is pure hell!!!

Calling the US from Ukraine on a cell phone is probably $4 usd a minute! We have spent all of the rest of our Ukrainian money (around $100 usd) buying cell phone minutes trying to change our flights with Jet Blue. We can not exchange any money right now because it is late at night. Luckily, Shawn is trying to call for us and get things changed. I was in the middle of working things through when the cell phone ran out of minutes for the 3rd time tonight! I was in tears!!

On top of it all, it was 10pm and I could not get the children to sleep! They are bouncing off the walls!

Please pray we get home and are not stuck in New York for 2 extra days!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Hang in there hon! It will all be over soon!! We're praying for you!

My Momthoughts said...

OMG...how horrible! I hope you were able to get it all under control! I don't how far ahead of us you are time wise...so I think you should be on a plane by now...I'm not sure, though!

Anonymous said...

Glad I could help with the travel plans! It was no problem. I am just so excited that you are on your way home!! I can't wait to hear that you're back, safe & sound, and tucked into your very own beds!
Check in as soon you can and give us the "Paras Family" has landed announcement! Cheers will be heard around the planet!!
Hugs,
Shawn

Our Family Photo's