Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Sage!


She is 9! Sage had been counting down the days for 2 months I think! Just about 20 times a day she would remind us that her birthday was coming. We got a little too many "I wants" and tried to remind her about being grateful for the gifts that she did get.




Along with the gifts she got from dad, mom and Luke, she did get some cash from Aunt Aimee which we spent all day long yesterday at the mall spending! I am so proud of her...she bought all clothes! She and I had a great day together. She is very frugal when she is spending her own money! It is funny, when she goes into a store she checks out the price tags and decides if we are going to stay in that store or leave! She has an obsession with shoes...the Ukrainian kind. If you've been to Ukraine you know what I am talking about. They are so high even I would have a hard time walking in them. She points them out everywhere we go and wants to know at what age she can start wearing them.


She really wanted an Ipod. She had one right after we came home with her. Problem was, she dropped it so many times it finally broke. We found her a hot pink MP3 player that was cheap and is so much better than an Ipod! It has FM radio, voice recording, video and MP3! This way if it gets broken it wasn't so expensive that I will freak out. I don't think the ear buds have left her ears yet! Poor child cannot sing. For some reason she always sings the lyrics right after the singer does. She knows the words so that isn't it. It can be a little annoying when she has the ear buds in and she is singing along really loud to the same station I am listening to.



We had a little drama about what dessert she wanted for her birthday and what Luke thought she should have for her dessert. He can be so controlling! He and I were out grocery shopping and we called home to check to see what she wanted. I guess she wasn't near Drew when we called and he told us to surprise her. She will eat anything (besides fish) so we knew any thing sweet would be fine with her. NOT!!! Boy, she was so mad. She promptly came upstairs and told me "I said I wanted brownies!". Now I knew she really must have wanted brownies because she is rarely disrespectful to me. I guess I should know by now you shouldn't mess with a girl and her chocolate! After much fighting between the kids and a talk with her about how to express herself better, she settled on a strawberry cake. You can see how happy she was just to have cake and singing!

***Sometimes Blogger drives me up the wall!!! I have been working on this short little post for over an hour! Sometimes when I try to close up the gaps Blogger puts in, you delete things you don't mean to delete! One wrong move and you have to start over. Urrrg! They need to be able to let you copy (so if you loose your connection when you are publishing) you don't loose the entire post (it has happened to me more than once!) and you need to be able to "undo". ****


3 comments:

Kristy said...

Your tabs up top- click on edit, and then click undo and it will undo what you just did that you didn't want to. also go to my page and read my comments under farm part 3 (there are 7 comments) there is a dialogue between myself and a friend to update your blogger to give you more features.

Shana said...

happy b-day Sage!!Wow, you are getting so big!

Kevin and Krista said...

Happy 9th birthday to Sage! Too bad we are not close by. Sophie is 9 and I bet they would get along great. I cringe whenever she points out all those Ukrainian styles and says how cool they are. Let's stick to Gap Kids for a few more years, okay? ;)

It is so funny to see the presents and hear the stories you tell. Seems like 9 year old girls are very similar. :)

Krista

Our Family Photo's