I recently read an article in Woman's Day magazine. The question was: Are you a summer mom or a school mom? I know for sure I am a school mom. As much as I love sleeping in and not dealing with the homework battles, I also like having order in the house! I hate hearing "I'm bored" 20,000 times a week. I hate the messes all over the house. I would so love it if our school was one of those year-round schools where the kids go for 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off. That would give us different seasons to explore places. Just enough time for the kids to get bored but then have to go back to school.
Let me just end this by saying I love my children dearly but I am so happy that school is back in!!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
I am actually both- depending on the summer.... usually I am a school mom ready for the kids to go back, but this year I am a summer mom. Too many fun days at the pool and for the first summer ever, my kids did a fantastic job entertaining themselves. I am sure it helps that they have each other, but I am really dreading homework and projects!
I am a school mom! Even though I am a teacher and am NOT for year round school:) I love having the kids home in the summer but when it's over I am SOOOO ready to get back to work and they are SOOOO ready to go back to school. I think I have the best of both world's... I get to work but have a school schedule so I get to stay home when they are home. Staying home is the hardest job in the WORLD!!
Post a Comment