Thursday, January 24, 2008

Trust, Faith and Peace

First off, I will admit I am addicted to reading adoption blogs!!! That leads me to my post today....

When I tell people about our adoption they ask "why are you adopting from a country that you do not have any information on the child?". Many people I know well, keep asking me if we have pictures or anything.....no this is a true "blind" adoption. This also means we could come home the way we started...a family of three. But, I feel in my heart a great sense of peace. Drew says he thinks I am very intuitive. If I am scared of something I stop, reach deep down inside and feel how I am feeling. In this adoption, I am feeling peaceful. I could totally be deceiving myself but I am going to go with the thoughts that everything will be alright.

I don't know if I have told many people this story...when we were researching adoption we were going to adopt from Russia. I was researching agencies. One day, I got a package by FedEx from an agency for Ukraine. I had never really heard anything about Ukraine and never even knew they did international adoption! I researched more about it and found you didn't need an agency, high agency fees nor the mounds of paperwork agencies require to adopt from Ukraine....this became our path...

In saying all of that, I am asking everyone who reads our blog pray for us or sends positive thoughts. Not only for us but for the child we will bring home. She will be scared....her whole life as she has known it is going to change. We as a family will make it better!

1 comment:

April Bethea said...

I just found your blog through the link in my comments. I love it! Good luck with your adoption! I also felt called to Ukraine & I know that there is a very special reason why. It can be overwhelming at times to think about what we are actually doing... traveling "blind" doesn't even begin to describe it. But with faith in God, and trust in Him, peace will come. Good luck! We will be praying for you. :)

Our Family Photo's