Thursday, January 17, 2008

Unsolicited advice

You know, I have a new pet peeve! People giving me unsolicited medical and adoption advice! People talk to me as if I am clueless on the adoption process and the problems we may encounter medically with our child. I actually had a doctor (Luke's neurologist) tell me to watch for FAS because many pregnant women drink....really?? The only thing I told her was we were headed out of the country for our adoption and I got a 20 minute lecture on foreign adoption and how dangerous it is! Did she think we were going to change our minds 52 days before we leave? URRG!!!

I know people are just trying to be nice. Luckily, we haven't had anyone tell us we shouldn't adopt internationally because there are children here in America. That would send me over the top..

Okay, I feel better!!

1 comment:

Rolan and Eileen said...

Wow! Your blogs are the best I have read so far. You are so informative on the process! I have also had many people tell me how much trouble it is to adopt kids. We have had a total of 3 fost to adopt american kids that have lived with us only to go to relatives and mom. After 3 years we are ready to adopt. With the rude comments, I just hold up my hand and say,"thank you I know." There are many new resources out there to help adoptive children. Their chances of growing up to be healthy are overwhelmingly favorable esp. for the age you are looking at. Keep blogging! eileen

Our Family Photo's