Our airline tickets arrived on Monday! It is getting more real by the moment!
We have most of the warm clothing we will need. I (Michelle) just need a coat. Luckily, most all of the winter clothing is on sale right now. I have our packing lists all put together and have been chipping away at the things we will need to bring. I have no idea how we are supposed to pack light!
Now that the holidays are over we can concentrate on getting ready for our trip and the adoption. I have so much reading to do on medical conditions. I have heard from other families that have adopted from Ukraine that all children are listed with some sort of medical problem. Most of the diagnosis are wrong but we really need to be prepared for what the condition may be and decide if we are willing to accept it.
Next month I have to go to the bank and request all brand new bills to take with us. Ukraine is a cash society and they will only take new, unmarked bills. The US Embassy is really particular about this also. We will carry money belts with us. It seems totally freaky to carry $20,000 in cash to a foreign country but this is how it is done there.
So that is our latest update. I am sure as the next 60 days progress we will be loosing our minds!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment