Friday, April 18, 2008

How Could I Forget This.....

I saw her cry for the first time!!! Poor, sweet girl of mine...the hamster bit her finger. I know it was bound to happen and it was just a matter of time. She woke him up and surprised him. I felt so bad for her. She was so sad that her beloved little friend bit her. I did my best to explain to her that she surprised him and that is why he bit her. She got over it quickly and Bart is her friend again!

I also forgot to mention how tired our little dogs are! We have two Chihuahuas and she has made them her babies. Minnie is much more tolerant of her. Tetyana will wrap Minnie up in a robe and carry her around the house. Poor dogs....the days used to be so quiet here. Just perfect for napping.

We are trying to teach Tetyana she cannot feed the dogs anything. We do give them treats but how can you explain playing charades which foods they can have and which foods they can't?

I dare anyone to a game of Charades!!!

6 comments:

Steve Eimers said...

I am surprised she likes the animals so well!

We are all very good at charades now ourselves! You're on!

Melissa

junglemama said...

Oh my. :) I'm sure she will get tired of the dogs soon and will move on to something else. Hopefully they can last that long. :) Congrats on your new daughter!

rachel said...

poor thing!
so cute about the dogs.

i wish i could give you answers about the food issue, but we are pre-adoption. check out the frua chatboard, i'm sure there are many parents with advise.

enjoy your weekend... thanks for posting your updates!!

rachel

Tami said...

You're on!!! ;>)

Julie said...

I'm with ya on the charages challenge! I'm sure people thing we're crazy when we're out in public. :)

adopting2fromUkraine said...

We have had the same problem with our daughter feeding the dogs. She apologizes to the dogs. She tells them she's sorry, but Mama won't let her feed them. lol

She doesn't realize they beg for food only in hopes of getting a little treat. She was feeding them much more than a small bite.

There were several dogs that hung around at her orphanage and she always wanted to feed them. We were glad to oblige, but our dogs are different than the strays at the orphanage, they have food to eat! It's hard to get that point across when you don't know how to say it in Russian.

The orphanage also had a little dog that was allowed inside their sleeping quarters. That dog would rub against your leg like a cat. I've never seen anything like it!

Our Family Photo's