I was just laying in bed, the tiny bed here in Chekasy in our daughters hometown. As I tried to fall asleep I felt giddy about tomorrow. I could hardly hold still as I said my prayers. Then I asked for God to wrap his arms around Tetyana and let her feel safe; let her feel the love we have for her deep in her heart and soul.
What must she be thinking and feeling? We are taking her away from everything she has ever known...culture, language, food and for the last year and a half, the family that has become hers at the orphanage. As adults, we can see this is a very good thing for her but what can she really understand at such a young age?
Please share your prayers with us through your comments. We have been so blessed to have so many friends and family from home email and call us while we have been away, as well as strangers who have become our friends through this process and our blog. Thank you all!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











11 comments:
All of you, including Tetyana, are in our prayers. Tomorrow is a new beginning, another amazing adventure. I can't imagine how excited you must be! I'm about to bust with happiness for you!!
I think one of the things I said to you when you were about to leave was there will be ups and downs. Same thing, different day. Tetyana will have many mixed emotions, so will you, but we will pray that most of them are joyful and comforting.
Good luck tomorrow!
Love you!
Shawn
I'm praying for you guys and for your sweet daughter: that the transition will be smooth and that through your actions, affections, discipline, words, and deeds, she will come to know & love the mighty God that we serve!
We have been home 4 years now, and these same thoughts went through our minds prior to Marina actually becoming our daughter. Marina had been in her orphanage 10 years! But she wanted a family more than anything - we were an answer to her prayers. That I still find amazing. While we were praying for this little girl, she in turn was praying for us.
Your prayer request is so special and we'll be praying with you as you pick her up. It will be exciting and scary for her, but if your experience is anything like ours so far, she will just love her new life (I know this will be true) and you'll get through any rough spots (which there will likely be a few).
I'm so excited for you!!!
I completely empathize with all your concerns for Tetayana. We had the same with Mia, while we knew we were what was best for her, she really did not. Have faith that whatever hurtles await you at home, you will survive them and you will be a family. Best of luck to you all. We can't wait to meet her!
-Shana
I think you are about 8 hours ahead of us here...it is almost 6am...so Tetyana I think should be officially yours! Woohoo! I am sending tons of prayers to you all. I hope the trip home is good. I am sure that she will have many different emotions, but you are so nurturing and loving...I am sure she will get through it and know how lucky she is. She was meant to be yours from the beginning...she just took a different route getting there!
Becky
Lord, thank you so much that Tetyana gets a new family, a new home, and a new life. Please walk with her as she makes this transition and learns to adjust in a place where everything is different. Give her parents wisdom at each moment to help her. Use this time to help them all depend on You, for You are everything they need. Please draw them to yourself and build their faith. Show yourself big, Lord. Heap blessings on them, and encourage them every step of the way. And we will give You the credit!
Amen
Michelle,
I suspect that you have (or will be soon) leaving with Tetyana. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers all day today. I can only imagine that her leaving will be bittersweet. I'm praying that your transition will be smooth and your travels will be uncomplicated. We are very excited for you! I am also praying that all of the children in Tetyana's orphanage who are available for adoption WILL be adopted. You already know that I (for one) would love to adopt one. Thanks for trying to find out as much information as you can about the children; I am sure that the orphanage appreciates it.
Melissa
It was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL talking with Tetyana tonight as you folks made your way back to Kiev! We have no idea what the newest member of the Paras family said to us between "Hello" and "Bye," but it doesn't matter --- we do know that she sounded like the happiest little girl on the planet! You can bet we're counting down the days to your return to Florida right along with you folks. Take care and God bless!
Paula and Clay
I am continually amazed at how, no matter how nice the orphanage may be, or how great their caregivers are, more than anything, these kids just want a family of their own. God just wired us up that way. You are giving her something she has been longing for and dreaming of her whole life...though she may not be able to verbalize it at such a young age, and may be confused at first. You are giving her such a gift - a miracle really. She knows it...you can see it in her happy little face! :)
See you in a couple of days!
Prayers and blessings to all of you,
Julie
We thought those same things when we adopted our daughters from Russia in Sept 2005. I'm sure your little girl will do just fine!
Post a Comment