




We couldn't have been more fortunate to be able to visit Tetyana's school. This is part of her daily life. She will be so amazed when she sees her new school! In the school they do not turn on the lights (just like everywhere else!) and it is so dim and dismal. Our driver went to this school and he looks to be about 50 years old. The desks look like they have been there since he went to school there. Tetyana's classroom was filled with plants which livened things up a bit. They did turn on the lights when I was taking pictures. It was so funny how they posed all of the children for me to take pictures of them. All of the pictures are totally posed!
The picture of the 4 children are all orphans....well except Tetyana!! They are all available. The girl with the red hair bows is named Christina, the girl with the white bows is Vika and the boy is Sasha. Vika has a scab on her lip, it is not a deformity. They are all in 1st grade so they all have to be about 7. During the class time they worked quietly and independently. The class was working on puzzles or Bricks (Lego's). I hope to find out more tomorrow about these children and the others in the orphanage.
All of they boys wore suit jackets. The poor orphans clothes were mismatched and the shoes were so worn. We were told a staff member from the orphanage attends school with the orphans so they are not picked on.
We have one last visit in the tiny room and we are done!!!











4 comments:
Yippeeee! I'm so excited you're almost done! I still have another weekend of visits to endure... but the end is in sight! Let me know what you kind out tomorrow about her passport and when you expect to be in Kiev! :)
Almost there! I can imagine you are ready to sleep in your own bed!
Besos from Spain,
Lisa
Oh, Michelle, the pic of the 4 kids makes me want to go to Ukraine right now! I hope they find forever families like Tetyana has.
I thought the plants in the classroom were very inviting. They took away from all the old things. I am sure she will be in shock at the facilities in her new school. What a new world that awaits her!
-Shana
who is the little girl with the white bows and dark hair in the big group shot, all the way on the left? she is a doll
melissa
Post a Comment