Well we may have a little problem if our new daughter is school aged. The school Luke attends (private) cannot take a child that does not speak English. She would not be able to read the entrance exam. It would be impossible to have 2 kids at two different schools. We could get them to school but I wouldn't be able to pick them both up at 3:00 on opposite sides of town.
So this means we will have to put both kids in the neighborhood school and have Luke switch yet again. He will be really unhappy. If this happens we plan to tell him his little sister needs his help and hope this will make the transition okay.
I have been really trying to prepare for an older child. It seems from the families have recently been over there that older girls are more available. But now, we are really hoping for 4 and under. That way she will have a year at home and then we can put them both in the school Luke attends now. I know the girl that is meant to be ours will be the one we bring home...
I still don't have someone to watch our dogs and hamster. I am thinking of asking people to watch them only for a week each. That shouldn't be too overwhelming.
All winter wear has been purchased including my huge down coat complete with faux fur! I also found some boots that are actually cute. I have been collecting DVD's for cheap and have put them all into the carrying cases. We won't see any American/English TV so I thought we better be prepared and bring a lot to watch.
Until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Hey Michelle,
We truly hope everything works out for your family. We too are hoping for a child under 3-4 and we'll have our appointment a week before you, so you can check out our blog afterwards to see how it went. Time is running quick... only 52 more days to go.
Post a Comment