We have already been home 4 weeks! How could that be? 4 weeks in Ukraine took forever to go by. Tetyana has made such huge strides in the past 4 weeks. She is so comfortable here and I think has done remarkable learning about how to be in a family. She just fits right in! Her English is amazing. Her latest word is 'hey' which begins every sentence...."hey, mommy....". We are also still working on that G sound. It just isn't there.
Mother's Day was really great and even better with 2 kids. Before I get to that, let me back up a few days....Luke and Tetyana had planned to spend the afternoon on Friday with Paula and Clay and go to Tetyana's most favorite place on Earth...McDonalds! Luke wasn't feeling well and decided to stay home with me and rest before baseball practice. According to Paula and Clay, Tetyana did great and like always ate everything she ordered from McDonalds.
Saturday we had a early morning game which put the team in the district games. We had little doubt that they would not be going but there was that 1% chance! That evening one of my oldest friends Becky and her daughter came from Tampa to meet Tetyana and visit with us and stay the night. It was great to see her and her daughter. The kids had fun swimming and playing together.
The next day, Mother's Day, they let me sleep in a bit and then made me some breakfast. Tetyana really didn't understand what was going on but was excited there were presents involved that she would be giving. I think she thought it was my birthday but we forgot to sing Happy Birthday! Paula had helped both kids make me a keepsake plate, which I love! Thank you kids and Paula.
Later we met with the William's family and went to the Orlando Children's Theater to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. We did our best to explain to Tetyana what we were doing but she didn't understand. She did however, really like the play and loved meeting the cast afterward.
I am taking both kids to the dentist this week. Since Luke wears braces we have his teeth cleaned every 4 months. I think it will help Tetyana to have Luke there to see what is going on. I have a feeling though, she is going to flip out. The last time she had anything done to her teeth was during our 10 day wait when they pulled out 4 molars!!! Wish me luck! I am almost positive every tooth has a cavity.
If we don't play baseball this Sunday, we are thinking of taking the kids to the beach. I know Tetyana will love it since she wants to go swimming every day! I am waiting a bit for her to learn a little more English so she can take the survival swim lessons. Luke did it when he was 5 and it was brutal on me. I think I cried every single lesson! It will be even harder with her since I can't explain to her what is going on.
This week is completely full with baseball. It is so exciting. I hope the boys take the whole tournament!!! Go Bucs!!!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment