

As I mentioned before, we are consumed with Little League right now and it is a very exciting time. We are in the playoffs and have a good chance of going to "Districts" where all of the surrounding cities play against each other. The team has done so well this season, winning 11 games and only loosing 2. It will be awesome if they are rewarded for all of their hard work and get to Districts.
It really is sad for us when the seasons end. It is like the Christmas season let down in January. We walk around trying to figure out what to do with ourselves!
Luke is just days away from being out of school and neither one of us can wait! I have signed both kids us for a few summer camps that I think they will really enjoy. One of them is at Sea World. I know Tetyana is going to freak out when she sees Sea World!
Luke is chilling some, I think, in regards to having Tetyana around. The normal sibling stuff is happening but the major melt downs have gotten better. Although, Paula and Clay did get to see how fun it can really be after the movie on Sunday. Luke was upset because he was going to hang out with Paula and Clay a bit more and we were going to take Tetyana home. We wanted him to have some time by himself with them like he did before. That was fine except he didn't want Tetyana to do anything fun. He thought it would be okay if she just sat in her room and colored! There was tears and arguing and when he got home he wanted to know how she spent every minute while he was away. It is really hard to rationalize with an 8 year old!! Their emotions are just so raw.
On a very, very good note...we have closed a very difficult chapter in our lives as a family. For those of you who know us personally, know Luke suffered a head injury accident 2 years ago on the 4th of July. This is not the right place, since this blog is public, to give specifics but things are settled. We are very relieved and Luke's medical care will be taken care of.
On Thursday, Luke's class is having a wax museum. He is going to be John Smith. He has such creative thoughts for his costume. I don't sew but I do hot glue gun!! It will be fun to see the kids try to hold still for 15 minutes at a time! Ha Ha!!!
Wish Luke's team luck on Saturday. It is the last playoff game and the deciding game....it will also mean baseball every single night next week. I think Little League forgets these are little kids! GO BUCS!!!
PS....sorry you broke your foot, Henry!!! Get better quick. It is summer and Luke needs you to play with!!!
It really is sad for us when the seasons end. It is like the Christmas season let down in January. We walk around trying to figure out what to do with ourselves!
Luke is just days away from being out of school and neither one of us can wait! I have signed both kids us for a few summer camps that I think they will really enjoy. One of them is at Sea World. I know Tetyana is going to freak out when she sees Sea World!
Luke is chilling some, I think, in regards to having Tetyana around. The normal sibling stuff is happening but the major melt downs have gotten better. Although, Paula and Clay did get to see how fun it can really be after the movie on Sunday. Luke was upset because he was going to hang out with Paula and Clay a bit more and we were going to take Tetyana home. We wanted him to have some time by himself with them like he did before. That was fine except he didn't want Tetyana to do anything fun. He thought it would be okay if she just sat in her room and colored! There was tears and arguing and when he got home he wanted to know how she spent every minute while he was away. It is really hard to rationalize with an 8 year old!! Their emotions are just so raw.
On a very, very good note...we have closed a very difficult chapter in our lives as a family. For those of you who know us personally, know Luke suffered a head injury accident 2 years ago on the 4th of July. This is not the right place, since this blog is public, to give specifics but things are settled. We are very relieved and Luke's medical care will be taken care of.
On Thursday, Luke's class is having a wax museum. He is going to be John Smith. He has such creative thoughts for his costume. I don't sew but I do hot glue gun!! It will be fun to see the kids try to hold still for 15 minutes at a time! Ha Ha!!!
Wish Luke's team luck on Saturday. It is the last playoff game and the deciding game....it will also mean baseball every single night next week. I think Little League forgets these are little kids! GO BUCS!!!
PS....sorry you broke your foot, Henry!!! Get better quick. It is summer and Luke needs you to play with!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment