Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back To School Tomorrow!

Last Friday we had Meet The Teacher and I have a good feeling about this year. Because the private school Luke attended last year lets out at the end of the day at the same time Tetyana's school lets out, we had to make the tough decision to move Luke to the same school at Tetyana. This will be Luke's 4th elementary school and we really hated to move him. I just couldn't be two places at the same time for pick up. Luckily, many students from his prior private school have made the move to our neighborhood school.

Friday morning we went to the school to see who Luke was going to have and meet his teacher. He has his first male teacher, Mr. Pratt. I am very excited. I am hoping a male teacher will be better equipped to teach to a boy. Tetyana's teachers son is in his class which has to be a good sign. Luke knows him a tiny bit so that will be helpful. Also, a boy who he knew from a prior school is in his class. He made the move this year too. Looks like he is going to have a great year! We heard Mr. Pratt is the most requested 4th grade teacher!

Tetyana has Mrs. Beavin again. We love her and Tetyana is very familiar with how things work in her classroom. When we went to her class the kids looked so young! I hope holding Tetyana in first grade is the right move. Mrs. Beavin is the most requested teacher in 1st grade! How did we get so lucky!!

Another new thing for this year is riding the bus. I have driven and picked up Luke for all of his school years. I wanted him to ride the bus but Drew didn't. We told them all summer they wouldn't be able to ride it. Once we got to school and they found out the entire neighborhood rides the bus, they tried to convince us. It was a no brainer for me...an extra hour in my day??? Duh!!! I am a little worried about the first day, but Tetyana will wear a sticker with her address on it and Luke knows our neighborhood like the back of his hand. We met the bus driver at Meet The Teacher and she seemed great! She has even adopted 2 kids of her own! I asked Drew if it would be okay if I followed the bus to school. LOL

Let's hope their day is good!

No comments:

Our Family Photo's