Monday, August 18, 2008

Tropical Storm Faye


Ok, I swear this has happened to me for the last 4 years at the beginning of the school year...a hurricane closes the schools! We have been hearing about Tropical Storm Faye for the last week and it looks like she is headed for our area. The forecasters suspect she will strengthen to a category 1 hurricane before it reaches us. The neighboring school district just announced they are closing tomorrow. I bet we are next!
Last year when this happened, nothing happened! The kids played outside in the rain all day. It was a total waste of a perfectly good school day!
We moved to Florida 4 years ago and we arrived just in time for all 5 hurricanes. Since Drew was still in Oregon finishing up everything so Luke and I went through 4 of them by ourselves. It was a lot of fun! NOT!! All of our friends thought we were crazy to stay here but coming from California, we would rather have notice a hurricane is coming rather than being woken in the dead of night by an earthquake.
Guess we better hit Costco tonight for the necessities!

1 comment:

Shana said...

So ridiculous that they close school for this! I feel you pain as a mom and a teacher! Now, we have to have a make-up day, grunt!

Our Family Photo's