Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tetyana's 8th Birthday






Monday is Tetyana's 8th birthday. Since she and Luke are going to Sea World camp we decided to celebrate over this weekend. Since she doesn't have many friends yet so we were trying to think of something fun for her to do to celebrate. Luke came up with the idea to go miniature golfing. Great idea! Since it is so hot here in Florida right now we decided to have dinner then go golfing but Luke had another brilliant idea...indoor, glow in the dark miniature golfing! He had done it for his 7th birthday and it was fun and air conditioned!


So not only did we have to explain what miniature golfing was but we had to explain everything glows in the dark there too! We did our best but I don't think she had any idea what we were talking about.


We got to the miniature golf place, got all of our stuff and hit the course. We had Taylor, Tetyana's friend, go first so we could demonstrate to Tetyana how to do it. I was worried Tetyana was going to swing at the ball and shoot it through a wall. It seemed like she had the hang of it until she kept picking up the ball and positioning it where she wanted including the hole! Luke got mad and said "what is her problem!"....it hit me again...she has never seen this before and doesn't have a clue what the heck she is supposed to do. I think when I told Luke he got it. It just really feels like she has been with us and we forget every day is new for her. She did well but after about 14 holes she got bored.


We headed off to the restaurant of her choice...Cheesecake Factory. All she really cared about was if they were going to sing Happy Birthday to her and she knew they would there. She was so concerned about how they were going to find out it was her birthday. We let them order dessert first and then dinner. They were thrilled. When they came singing she was beaming! After they dropped off the desserts she asked me how did they know it was her birthday. I told her she had a sign on her forehead! I think she believed us!!
Tetyana really wanted to get her ears pierced for her 8th birthday. So earlier today we decided to take her to do it. She said she was scared and decided not to. I think Luke telling her it was like getting a shot in each ear scared her off! We tried to tell her it was only like a pinch and would only last a minute or two. Still she didn't want to do it.
While we were waiting for a table we walked around the mall and happened to walk into Icing while a little girl was getting her ears pierced. This poor little girl was scared to death and had a small audience. Once I saw the little girl shed some tears, I knew any chance for Tetyana to be brave was out the window. She has now decided she would wait until she is 10!
In the pictures you can also see her new glasses. They look super cute on her and she doesn't seem to mind wearing them. I just have to remind her to put them on!
I can't wait until we give her her presents. I think she is going to be so excited.

2 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Happy Birthday Tetyana!

Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration!

Her glasses look great on her.

... said...

Happy Birthday Tetyana! I hope she had a blast at glow-in-the-dark golfing!

I left you a response on our blog...I received the box of goods!
Yeah. Thank you so much for thinking of me!

Lisa

Our Family Photo's