Our kids are new members of the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America. On Monday night we attended the local den of Cub Scouts and Luke whole heartily decided he wanted to join.
The meeting was a lot of fun and everyone there was so nice! Tetyana's teacher is a den mom and asked if Luke would like to be part of their den. He was thrilled! He really likes her son Cole, who is in his class also. Cole seems like a great boy and I am trying to foster this growing relationship. The two boys seem to have a lot in common...baseball being the biggest! Someone had entered Luke's name into the cake drawing and we were all surprised when they called out Luke's name! He went up and picked up the best tasting chocolate fudge cake!!! That sealed the deal! The boys (and Tetyana) got to make a campfire out of candy, chips and pretzels and then eat it. I think Tetyana wanted to join!
Tuesday night Tetyana and I went to the Girl Scout meeting. Ok, not as fun as the Boy Scout meeting. Turns out it was more of an informational meeting for parents. I really could have left T at home and I think she would have been happier if I had. She kept asking me when we were going to eat and where were the cookies!
The exciting news of the evening was I decided to become a troop leader! I don't know a thing about Girl Scouts! When I was little we couldn't afford to join and my mom was at work all day so I couldn't attend the meetings. So my task for the weekend is to do the volunteer orientation on line and get Luke to read his book and work on his Bobcat badge. It is pretty involved. I am excited to do this and it will be a good way for T and I to spend time together.
Have I mentioned I am co-room mom for Luke's class and heard from another mom that Tetyana's teacher wanted me to co-room mom for her class? Wow, it is going to be a busy school year! I can't wait!!!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
I love Cub Scouts! I've been a Den Leader for 3 years now and have really enjoyed planning all sorts of fun activities for the boys. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it, and I think you are going to have so much fun!
Michelle, do you have to wear the uniform or have they gotten more fashionable since I was a kid? LOL! Sounds like you have a busy school year planned.
How fun for the kids and good for you for volunteering (a lot!!!).
At this age, it's great to be involved in their activities so you can really get to know some of their friends. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your new role as a leader! HOw fun!
Oh how fun!
Sounds like you are going to have a great time! My boys did scouts for 3 years and enjoyed it! My little girl is too young to be a Brownie, too bad as I LOVE THOSE COOKIES!
I also tagged you for an award! Take a look at my blog!!!
Take care!
Amy
http://www.libenowfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment