Friday, August 29, 2008

A+ Spelling Test

Tetyana got her first A+ today on her very first spelling test! She worked all week on the words. Okay, so there were only 3 words: on, go and the, but still she worked hard and achieved her goal!

The kids had their first full week of school and it went well. Luke is quickly making new friends as I thought he would and really likes his teacher. He sounds like a pretty funny guy. Tetyana is working on making new friends. It is a little different for her this time. Last year when she started school she was a bit of a novelty and the teacher paired her up with 2 girls who thought she was so interesting and different. This year she is just another kid like all of the others in her class. She and I are working on her English and pronunciation. She has come a long way but I am afraid kids may make fun of her for being different.

Anyway, it was a great week!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Congrat Tetyana on the A+!!

I know you worry about kids making fun of her, I think all AP's worry about that. There is nothing we can do except teach them how to cope and be there for them. Of course I say this with lack of experience since my kids are so young. I am sure when my kids get teased I will be at school ready to kick some butt!

Kathy and Matt said...

Yea Tetyana!

How wonderful that she worked so hard and saw such positive results!

Great job!

Julie said...

I've had to deal with Halle Grace being left out a lot. It's not just her English limitations (though she's come SO far!), it's just such a cultural gap. She doesn't know a lot of the lingo, stories, songs, etc. that girls her age in America know from being around it for so long. It's a lot to catch up with. This year will catch our little ones up quickly I think!

Our Family Photo's