Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mom's

Why are mom's all about business? Why do dad's get to have all the fun with the kids and be the "Mr. Nice Guy"? Didn't it used to be "wait until your father comes home!". I hate being the rule enforcer, the mean one and the one who makes you eat all of your dinner.

As you can tell by my post something is up! Tonight, Drew had an evening meeting here at home and the kids interrupted him without me knowing. They were loud and wouldn't stop until he got mad and I heard them. I sent them to bed at 8:30....together. Tetyana absolutely hates to sleep alone and as I mentioned yesterday, Luke will go to bed much easier now with his sister in the room. At 9:30 they were still laughing and giggling and being loud. I know they are tired, the past 2 nights they have been up until 10:00 and they get up for school at 6:30. After several warnings, I told Luke to go sleep in his own room. Tetyana began the howling and Luke has been out more than 3 times to make sure we are still here!

I finally have Luke to sleep and Tetyana has lowered her crying a few notches. She has tried begging to have Luke back in and "I'm sorry, mom". She breaks my heart and she knows it!

Have I mentioned here that raising children is really, really hard??

3 comments:

Shana said...

Sounds like the kids are doing great! And mom is the bad guy around here too, don't feel bad. Good luck to Luke on Saturday and hope we get to see you all soon.
-Shana

Kathy and Matt said...

I completely understand your frustrations at being the rule enforcer. I often feel like Matt simply shuts off all the chaos so I have to be the one to react!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Amy said...

Never fear Mom! Dads are for spoiling the fun when your daughter turns 16 and wants to date! hehe!
Glad to hear that both kiddos are getting along better!

Amy

Our Family Photo's