Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another Perfect Day!

First, I want to thank everyone for emailing us and leaving comments. It is such an amazing process to be going through and to have people we don't even know cheering us on is huge! Second, thank you Paula and Clay, Coach Mark and Aimee for calling us! It was great to hear voices from home.

I have been meaning to say that we are in the Cherkasy region. She is in the childrens home for children that are school aged (up to 11).

Today we were only able to visit Tetana once from 3-5 because she had school. We had so much fun and the time went so fast. She made me another picture.She also have the most beautiful penmanship. She really is talented and I am not saying that because I am her mama! We pulled out the toys we had  given her yesterday and she played with them right away. Yesterday I had to coax her. I also gave her a banana and she inhaled it. What is it with Ukrainian children and bananas? I know she is not starving so that can't be it.  Tomorrow I will bring her two! Then we played the Memory game and I started with about 10 cards/5 matches and tried to expain the game. She caught on right away and even figured out how to give Luke a turn. She has a great memory. Each time I flipped over a card I said the English word and she repeated me. It is so sweet to hear her accent. I never want it to go away! By the end of the game we were using all of the cards, Drew and Luke were also playing and I was basically staring at her!

After the memory game I gave her a Blow Pop and of coarse she loved that! I brought two small puzzles and she and Luke worked on them...and I stared! Poor girl probably wonders what is wrong with me! During the game I was reaching for a piece and she caught my hand and pulled it to her face and held it there. I melted!

She also loves Snickers! I know, we shouldn't give her so much sugar...but we are kind of like grandparents right now. Once we get home things will be different.

So our visit went extremely well. I love the honeymoon! She is very obedient and likes to stay clean and have things in order. She quickly wiped her face after her banana and put the puzzle away when she was done with it. She needs to give Luke some lessons! I knew God would give us one neat child! LOL

When we were leaving she hugged me and held on tight. Then she went to Luke and hugged him too. Then Drew. She wasn't prompted this time either. I know there is so much more I a forgetting to say and I wish I could video tape every moment of this.

For now, I must close. It is late and we have to get moving early tomorrow. We are very cramped here in our apartment with 3 adults and Luke. It is hard to only have one bathroom.

9 comments:

Drew and Rita said...

OMG, I am so happy for you!!!! I will email you separately. Hurray!

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm so touched by your experience and am so very happy for you and your family. I can't wait to read the whole story, you have me on my toes with anticipation!
Be safe and I can't wait to read more!!!!
Love,
Michelle in Vegas

Kathy and Matt said...

It sounds like your visits are going really well and she sounds like a smart little girl.

I can totally understand you comments about just staring at her. I know I'd sometimes find myself just watching Leeza, trying to learn more about this little angel.

I'm very happy for your family!

Rita said...

Michelle and Drew, i'm so thrilled to hear things are going so well. That's so wonderful that little tetyana is adjusting so well and so quickly to all of you. i hope things do move quickly and you all can come home very very soon.

Shana said...

Sounds like things are going great and she is making strides in attaching to you already! I say give her sugar or whatever works! You can always fade that out at home. Mia ate chips and OJ for dinner in TW twice, which we would never let her do now that she is home. Best of luck with the meetings and with the, hopefully, speedy court process.
-Shana and family

Super Troupers said...

Here's some more great news for Luke: The Pirates squashed a bottom-of-the-sixth-inning rally by the Orioles and held on to defeat the previously unbeaten Orioles, 12-10. The Pirates improve to 3-0. Once again, Coach Mark awarded two game balls: one went to Xander Levine, who had three singles and drove in three runs, and the other was awarded to Matthew Cobb.

Missy and Kevin said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. We were there in December and found our daughter also. She is doing great. I will pray for you and your family that the rest of the trip goes quickly. God bless!!!

Super Troupers said...

"She also loves Snickers! I know, we shouldn't give her so much sugar...but we are kind of like grandparents right now. Once we get home things will be different."

Until she comes to visit her godparents, that is!!! We'll be sure to keep a stash of Snickers right alongside Luke's supply of Mug Root Beer and Hershey's Cookies 'n' Cream milk! LOL!! :)

The Parker Family said...

So happy for your family. Congratulations on Tetyana. I hope the rest of your process moves as quickly as the first and you can bring her home. I remember the feeling of the cabin fever while waiting for the process to be complete in Vietnam.
My thoughts are with all of you,
Rhissa, Lee's mother.

Our Family Photo's