Sunday, March 23, 2008

This Is How You Do The Wash.....



Do the wash,
Do the wash,
This is how you do the wash while living in Ukraine!

Ok, so I have a nice blister on my hand from wringing out the wash. Don't know if I mentioned that we don't have a washer in this apartment and that the "landlady" offered to do our laundy for us once a week. Sounds great, right? Well we have a tiny problem with this...it takes 2 full days to do the laundry because you have to wash it all the wait and entire day to dry it. We only have 3 outfits each! So I have to do the laundry every couple of days. Luckily, the weather is still cool here and the radiators are on full blast....this is where I dry our clothes. We were told not to bring jeans because they take too long to dry but that isn't the case when you have hot radiators. They dry over night. When I do laundry, I have to hang it all over the house! Needless to say, I will never complain about doing 
laundry at home again!

2 comments:

Tami said...

I think one of the greatest joys in my life when I returned was using my dryer. I LOVED IT! I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT IT AGAIN!!! Hope the blister heals soon. ;)

Shana said...

Great job with the laundry Michelle! Reminds me of my backpacking days through Europe. Except now I am too old to even think about doing that. So Kudos to you for sticking it out. One day, Tatyana will appreciate this.
-Shana

Our Family Photo's