Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trying To Catch Up






With our computer being down and traveling I have not been able to post as much as I wanted to. I am going to post a whole bunch of pictures for our friends at home and PAP's who are on their way here to see how things in Ukraine look.

The first batch is our apartment in Kiev. Look how deep the washer was. I could only fit in one outfit each....guess that is why they wear their clothes over and over here! You can also see my hanging rack where I had to dry everything. We had the benefit of the radiators to help dry the clothes quicker. Jeans dried over night. This apartment was very nice compared to the place we are in now even though it was smaller.
Maybe because it had a real bed and a plug in the bathroom.

For those of you who know us personally, know about my issues with hair dryers! I searched long and hard for a hair dryer that would work here after shutting off power to an entire hotel floor in Italy. I found the perfect travel dryer just to have it blow up in the first second I used it here! At this apartment, when I pulled out the plug from the socket the whole socket fell out in my hand! Now we are down to 2 sockets that work and one of them is for the fridge! I had to dry my hair in a tiny cupboard with a mini mirrow last night. The land lady said not to worry about it but I don't think she is coming to fix it! Tonight our transformer that we are using to power our computers for movies and picture uploading, burned up!

No comments:

Our Family Photo's