Sunday, March 16, 2008

Outside Of Our Apartment


Here is a picture of the outside of our apartment. These apartments were built by the Soviets...everyone got one for free. Some I have heard are really nice and I guess ours is average. If I can ever get power again to the laptops, I will post a picture of the inside of our apartment. In the meantime, here is the outside.

There is garbage everywhere. People litter here like you would not believe. There is potential for great things here in Ukraine and I think it will slowly happen over the next 
10 years or so. The younger generation is hungry and the opportunities are coming. There is a great disparity between the rich and the poor. You will see houses that are falling down and then a home that is brand new and about 4-6000 square feet over looking the river.

The Ukrainians are very patriotic which is something I admire. They love their country but know it needs to grow. One young guy latched on to me at a shopping mall here when he figured out I spoke English (I think it was because I was wearing flats!) and wanted to know all about America? He said his friend told him he could sell clothes and make $2000 a month and he could even buy his own house. He said he just needed to figure out how to get the airfare over! Our facilitator has tried for a visa 3 times without luck. It is not so easy to come to America!

No comments:

Our Family Photo's