rears his head tonight. Luke has done so wonderful here so far we really have been impressed. There is a lot of waiting around to do, a lot of walking, the food is way different, he has had a cold, has no friends to talk to and only a few toys and things of his own. We knew this adoption would rock his world so when the little green monster showed his face tonight we weren't too surprised. We are trying our best to make sure he feels included and not pushed to the side. Right now just about everything is about Tetyana...when do we get to see her? What does she want to do? Let's shop for clothes and toys for her. What is she thinking? Etc.... Luke was worried about when we got home. He thought we would be going to Target the next day on a wild shopping spree for Tetyana. I have told him many times that too much will overwhelm her but I guess when you are 8 you only see things one way...your own way! We got to the root of the real fear....that we wouldn't have enough love for him. It brought me to tears and I did my best to reassure him I had enough love for them both and could even love another child. Poor baby. He is a bit of a worrier and I tried to tell him to let it go until we went home.
We have been searching for shoes for Tetyana over the last week. Everything is so funky here and then we can't find her size. We even saw a pair of tennis shoes from Target....Target price tag and all! I guess when Ross is done with the closeouts they send them to other countries? We even found boots with fur! PETA would go crazy!! We finally did find some shoes for her today and some track pants to match. The shoes are pink Puma's. I bet they are knock offs...hey they were like $10! We also bought her some pajama's. WE want to have enough to take her out of the orphanage and then shopping. We want her to pick some things for herself.
That about completes our day. We know for sure we have court on Monday at 12. Our 10 day wait will be over on the 3rd then we have some paperwork to finish up. We think we will be done by the 8th. Hopefully we can get our ticket changed and also get a ticket for Tetyana.
We miss everyone so much and the warm, sunny weather of Florida! Keep the emails and comments coming. It is great to stay connected to home!!!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Michelle,
Our 8 year old daughter went through a lot of those same emotions. Once Lee was home and she saw how people treated him like he was such a novelty, she finally lost it a few times. She went from, "I'm so happy to have a brother" to "When will people stop talking about him, why is he here!!!?" It's not the easiest transition once the honeymoon phase wears off, but truly, it gets better with time and before you know it they will be arguing like true siblings! We also see a lot of love between our kids, and that feels nice too.
Love keeping up with your travels.
Someone commented to me last night about having another child and sharing your love. They said when you have a second, or third child, you don't have to divide your love for each child, it just multilplies. Maybe that will help Luke understand that you all will have enough love for both of them. It has definetely been the case in our family. Hope that helps! Congrats on getting a court date.
-Shana
We definitely experienced this (and still do to some degree) with Sarah. About 4 days after we were home, she was very sad and broke down when I asked her to talk with me about what was wrong. I think the reality of how long we had been gone, plus the total change of her world hit her.
We've had some tough days since then, but also I see signs it's getting better. We've tried to designate specific time with each girl as well as combined time with Mom & Dad. I'm also working on making sure they both understand some things are Sarah's, some are Leeza's and some are the whole family's. And even those things that are Sarah's or Leeza's should be shared, but they need to be asked for. That may be a harder thing for your daughter to understand since she comes from an environment where they don't have anything of their own, and all things belong to the group. Leeza's slowly getting it, but it is a challenge.
Keep letting Luke know how much your love has grown. I told Sarah that God just somehow keeps giving Mommy's and Daddys more and more love everytime there is a new child in the family, just like He has love for all of us, He give parents more than enough love for all their kids.
I'll keep praying for you.
Post a Comment