Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Forgot This Part Of The Story...

When we had our SDA appointment another American couple that we had met online and in country, had their appointment also. They were shown Tetyana first. They were looking for a little girl 5 or younger because their youngest boy is 5 and they did not want to interrupt their birth order. They told their psychologist to pass the file to us because they knew she would be a child that would fit for our family.

When we were being shown files, there were several people who came in and out of the room and both psychologists kept going back an forth between the two rooms with us and the Hinshaw's. When the Hinshaw's left, they had to exit through our room. I mouthed/asked to Julie how it went and she gave me a thumbs up and asked me if we got the file they sent over. It didn't occur to us what she meant until much later in the afternoon. Even then we didn't think that could have really happened.

When I called Julie later in the evening and asked her about it she told us she sent us over Tetyana's file!!! Thank you, Hinshaw's! She was really meant to be ours and both of our appointments worked out perfectly!

7 comments:

... said...

Sending you Vodka for the man downstairs...and a couple bottles of Spanish wine!

Hang in there!

We are on the same time zone if you need to hear an American voice give me a call in Spain...number to follow.

Besos from Spain!

Lisa & Jim
Patrick, Christian & Carson

Kathy and Matt said...

It has been so fun to follow both your journey and Hinshaws. And you're so right, you've both found the girls that were meant for your families!

God is so amazing when he works out those details for us.

We're so happy for you.
PS: Loved the story about being busted for playing football inside! That's a great one!

Tami said...

What a cool story!

junglemama said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing. Is there any way you can let the Hinshaw's know that I would love if they would invite me to their blog?

Julie said...

When we told our boys at home about our SDA appointment, they wanted to know what would happen to the children we didn't choose. They were so excited when we told them the family in the next room, who were our friends, adopted the 7-year-old. Grant was especially concerned about her since he is 7, too. So sweet! Love you guys! :)

The Parker Family said...

Michelle,
I remember being on our travels and being bored to tears sometimes. We saved errands so we could have something to do later. We only bought enough fruit for one dat at a time so we could have an excuse to go out for more.
I think my husband and I didn't know how bored we would be. I listened to the same ipod music over and over, we did laundry for entertainment. But mainly I checked emails and kept up with our blog. I loved getting comments from people because it really helped me keep going.
I know you wish time would fly from here, but someday soon you will look back and not believe it all happened so quickly!
My best to you, I have enjoyed keeping up with you and several of your other blogs listed.

Michelle said...

Lisa...I would love to call you except it costs a fortune to call out of this country. We ate up $30 US in like 10 minutes trying to work out our problems with AT&T one night. Never did get the problem solved because our minutes ran out!!!

Our Family Photo's