Saturday, March 29, 2008

In Kiev

We have made it to Kiev in one piece. I think Drew thought we may not make it. We were planning on taking the bus/van here but when our normal driver asked us if we were taking the bus and Drew replied 'yes' the driver held up his hands as if he were praying for us!!! Drew promptly called Yana to work out the price for him to drive us! Chicken!!!

We are in a great apartment....better than we have had. We have a dishwasher, microwave, washer, wireless internet (I am sure I am pirating it!), and even a towel warmer in the bathroom!!! Best part is I will be able to sleep with my husband in the same bed! We hope to have this same apartment next weekend too.

We ate at McDonalds again this afternoon when we got into town. I was waiting for our food when I heard a man say to his son "put your trash in here" in ENGLISH!!! I about tackled the guy! LOL Next thing I knew he was telling us where we should visit and fun things for kids to do here. He works for the Air Force but we aren't sure what he does. He has a family here with him and they invited us to their home. Maybe will have some time to go over and Luke will have someone his age to play with.

We found the "O'Hana" restaurant in the park. They were giving pony rides and had an inflatable slide along with a playground full of equipment we either will never see in America, or has been taken away for safety. We will bring both kids back here next weekend for sure!

Boca, Boca (bye, bye!)

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a relief to be in Kiev. I used to dream about getting away to Kiev during my wait in Odessa. Enjoy the break. BTW - I showed Maddie the video of Tatiana and Luke and she just grinned and laughed. I think she enjoyed hearing the Russian again. ;)

Mishalove said...

I think you mean O'Panas in Shevchenko park. Good food but pricey. The park there is neat, and there is a great book store off the backside of the park.

And bye is pah-ka.

Good luck on your return journey! I'm looking forward to hearing more about all the kids in your girl's orphanage in Cherkassy.

Our Family Photo's