We have found our daughter. We also have been having some major computer problems! This computer I am using now will not let us compose and email. Sorry everyone. Our laptops cannot be connected because our wireless card was shut off due to security reasons??? We are trying to have Drew's work assistant is trying to help us with it. I have a very long story that I have been keeping on my laptop that I will send out as soon as I can. I just wanted to give the update.
She is so beautiful, smart, sweet and best of all, wants us to be her family. I so wish we could take her home right now. Our process is going very quickly and we may be done earlier than we anticipated. Maybe by 5 days!! We hope to have court by next Friday.
We have named her Tetyana Sage. She is 7 but will be 8 in August. She and Luke are nearly the same height. She is a girly girl with bows and ribbons in her hair....Lisa H.!!She is in the best orphanage imaginable. They have a pool, gym, music center, dentist office, doctors office and the on staff psychologist gives therapy to the children as needed. The director let us take pictures of the entire place and of Tetyana's groupa. This is not very common. They have been so accomodating.
There is a child who has chicken pox right now in another groupa so we are playing with Tetyana in another small room. Once the child is no longer contageous, we will be able to play with Tetyana with her groupa. They will also allow us to take her out of the orphanage to buy clothes, take her to eat and even to the theater!
So for now we will visit her twice a day on the weekends and once a day during the week because she is in school. This will be our life for now.....as soon as I can get the whole meeting story uploaded somehow I will post it here along with pictures of the orpanage. You will be amazed! Sorry for all of the typo's....I am using a Ukrainian computer and it is hard to read the letters and screen!!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











13 comments:
Wow! Congratulations! You must be just beside yourself--still in that dream you don't want to be woken from :) I hope the rest of your process continues as smoothly. I would think being so close to Kiev that things should go pretty quickly overall. Five days less than expected woud be awesome! Praise God.
Gina
Congratulations! This is wonderful news.
Tetyana sounds like an adorable girl, and it's great that she's excited to be adopted.
We'll continue to pray that things go as quickly as you feel they might.
Ohhh, I am so thrilled for you all!!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures and follow along with the rest of your adventure. Enjoy your time getting to know your new daughter (...and sister to Luke). She sounds like a wonderful little girl!!
lisa
I am so happy for you! This is the first chance I have had to jump on the blog...but think about you a million times a day! I can't believe you found her so easily. I think when it's meant to be, it happens that easily! I can't wait to see pics of her and everything you are seeing while there.
Becky
Give Drew and Luke hugs for me...let Tetyana know there are people here who are so excited to meet her!
Becky
Congrats! How exciting! Yuor daughter sounds perfect! Can't wait till you post more!
That's so awesome! Thank you for sharing your journey with those of us who are waiting for our turn. Blessings on the rest of the process. Can't wait to hear you have Tetyana Sage home where she belongs!
Kurt & Becky
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How wonderful to have found her and to have your process go so quickly. We'll keep praying! :)
What amazing news!! You found her!! She sounds so perfect for your family! I love her name. It's beautiful! Everything is happening so quickly. That must mean this was truly meant to be. I will be checking your blog often because I can't wait to hear every detail.
Sending you lots of +++++++ thoughts,
Shawn
Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with complete strangers. We are praying for your family and will continue doing so!
Thanks for the update. Been following you through the Hinshaws. Sounds like both of you have met great little girls!
That is so GREAT!! Congratulations to all of you. I'm really curious as to which orphanage it is and where it's located, if you don't mind saying.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully, everything else goes as well.
OMG, this is so exciting and amazing!! I love that name, it's just beautiful, really! It is so great that she wants you to be her family and will be so important later on that feels that she chose you. I am beside myself with happiness for you all!
-Shana
Michelle, Drew and Luke,
What a great story. I haven't been able to get to your blog until today, but have been thinking about you. Tetyana sounds great. And things seem to be going so smoothly. Best wishes.
Suz
Post a Comment